Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Homemade Pizza Sauce From Garden Fresh Tomatoes

Let's head for the garden and pick some fresh herbs and vegetables to make pizza sauce. 
 

Yesterday I made homemade pizza sauce for the first time, I didn't have a recipe but figured it can't be to hard to make.  I picked some Roma Tomatoes, you can use any kind that you have growing in your garden.  I cut some Basil and Oregano, there's really no measuring to this just guess and put what you think you'll like.

Next I washed the tomatoes and herbs put them in the blender with about 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pureed them together.
 
 
Put the mixture in a sauce pan and simmer until it's the thickness you want your sauce to be.  I Simmered mine about 30 minutes.
 
 
Looks good and smells delightful!
 
 
Top your pizza with any fresh vegetables from the garden that you like, I've put tomatoes mushrooms, banana peppers and green onions. 
The sauce was very easy to make, I think it would be great put in jars and pressured to use over the long winter.  Just one of the many things you can do with all those tomatoes your garden is producing
right now.
 
 
Don't forget to sign up for the free pillow giveaway.  We'll be choosing a winner on Friday this week.  If you would like to order a personalized pillow, contact Lindsay at  https://www.facebook.com/SewSimplyBlessed  

No comments:

Post a Comment