Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Oh I had a little chicken who wouldn't lay an egg!

Good morning friends!  I am having a hard time believing that it is March 5 and we have more snow on the ground in Southern Illinois.  I am pretty certain that my hens are having a hard time believing it too.  The girls had just started to lay again and then the appearance of more scary white stuff caused them to take another little break.

A few months ago my mother-in-law taught my girls this song to sing to their hens.  The song offers some advice on how to get your girls to lay their eggs.  It should provide you with at least a giggle!

Ella is a little hard to understand so here are the words to the song.. so that you can sing it to your hens of course!:





Oh I had a little chicken who wouldn't lay an egg
So I poured hot water up and down her leg
Oh that little chicken hollered and that little chicken screamed
And that little chicken laid a hard boiled egg!

A boo-diddy-dada- Some Chick!


Sing this to your hens and then be sure and let us know what kind of results you get!

Have a great day!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. My dad's name is Charles but everyone knows him by his nickname "Chick". When my little brother , Josh, was about 4 years old, my aunt Wanda sang this song to him. When she got done, tears welled up in Josh's eyes and he said "stop singing that about my dad!". Poor Aunt Wanda had to do a lot of talking to convince him that she wasn't going it scald my dad. :) Tell Ella she did a great job! I wonder if they have Chicken Idol? I would vote for her.

    ReplyDelete