Friday, June 27, 2014

Stir Fried Kale And Radishes

I love being able to just walk out to my garden and stand there and decide what's for dinner.  I count it a blessing and I'm very thankful for a mother who taught me how to plant, harvest and preserve the bounty that a garden provides.
This year for the first time ever I planted kale.  I wasn't even sure I liked kale but decided to give it a try and have since discovered we love it!
Every year I always plant enough radishes to feed a small army, well there is only so many things you can do with radishes.  I bet you didn't know they are pretty darn good stir fried.


 Stir frying vegetables is very quick and easy and is actually nutritionally better for you than cooking them for long periods of time by boiling or sauteing.


To begin I drizzled about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in my skillet.  Chopped up 2 green onions, if you don't have green onion any onion will do.  Saute for about 2 minuets.


Wash your kale and radishes.  Chop your kale into bite sized pieces.  Cut the radishes in half. Place the kale and radishes in your skillet with the onion and olive oil.  Stir fry for about 5 minuets, the kale will shrink down to about half the size.  Salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled radishes are also great.  Cut in half, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and grill for about 5 minutes.
Have a great weekend!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment