Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

I had a post in mind for today, but it did not really seem appropriate to post such an "everyday" kind of post when today is such an important day in our nation's history. 



Today our nation turns 238 years old.  The right to celebrate 238 years of freedom has not come without a huge price.  Men and women have been on the front lines of battle defending our rights many times.  Even during times of peace service men and women sacrifice by being away from their families, ready to defend us at a moments notice.



  I am proud to be a citizen of the United States of America!  I know that hard work and sacrifice are some of what has brought us to where we are today.  However I do not believe for a moment that we, as mere humans are capable of doing anything without a God allowing us to do so.  So today I am most grateful to God.  He has allowed us to be a great nation.  He has allowed us freedom that some in our world will never know.  Because of these freedoms God's word can be proclaimed freely, and I am most thankful for that!

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

May God bless America with many more Birthdays!


Melissa

2 comments:

  1. So VERY MUCH appreciate this post Melissa...no truer words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite chicken is an old English Game Rooster but I love Silkie hens too. I would love to raise a box of chicks and it would bring new breeding stock into my flock. I like learning about different breeds by raising them myself as catalog description are not 100% true to life. Just like people say roosters can be mean and aggresive and yet none that I have raised have proved to be.

    ReplyDelete