Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Our Day at the Chicken Scratch Farm

A couple weeks ago our family took a week of vacation.  Since my husband is a pastor we don't often get to visit the church our families go to, and we do not get to participate in Sunday dinner with my family as often as we would like.  This gave us a chance to go to Ten Mile Church where we both grew up and go eat Sunday dinner with my family, which was being held at Aunt Angie's.  It was so nice to spend the afternoon with family!  The day was beautiful, my girls had so much fun checking out all of the chickens, playing in the sand box, and picking some veggies from their garden.  I had not realized how much I miss getting to do those familiar things with family.  It was a wonderful day!

I thought you all might enjoy a few snap shots of the day.  The Chicken Scratch Farm is just as pretty and pleasant in person as it is in the pictures we post.  I cannot say that it is a slow moving place because there seems to be lots to do, but it is relaxing in its own way.  Hope you enjoy a little peek into our visit to the Chicken Scratch Farm.



Grandma B and the girls feeding the chickens. 

Ella and her cousin Kinsley sharing some chicken food.

Here chick chick chick...

"What a nice stick you have there."

"YAY CHICKENS!"  This girl really likes the chickens!

Emma doing a little work!
When we arrived Aunt Angie had a pretty good crop of strawberries.  I don't think she had quite so many after we left!
Ella picking some peppers.

Hope you have a great week!

Melissa 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, sweet girls! I can't wait to visit the chicken farm soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! Those girls are just as cute in person as they are in the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete