Friday, September 20, 2013

Zucchini Basil Muffins


 
Are you sick of zucchinis yet?  I thought I was until I found this recipe on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it a try.  I made changes to it because the recipe called for to many things I didn't have on hand at the time.  They still turned out great, so here's what I used. 
 
Ingredients:
2 Large Chicken Scratch Poultry Eggs (if you don't have these use what you have on hand)
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup Olive oil (vegetable oil will also work)
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. baking powder
2 cups grated zucchini
2 Tbs.. fresh finely chopped basil (dry will probably work also)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese 
 
Preheat oven to 425 degree.  Grease muffin tins.  Combine eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl.  Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in another bowl and add the liquid mixture in batches, stirring to blend, don't over blend.  Add the zucchini and basil last and stir to blend.  Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full.  Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes for regular size muffins, 15- 20 minutes for mini muffins.
 
I severed the muffins with fried fish and they complemented the meal quite well.  I think they would really be great this winter with a hot bowl of soup!
 
Have a Blessed Day!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment